When trying to lose weight, many people shy away from potatoes. That’s a crying out loud shame because potatoes pack lots of nutrition, very little fat, oodles of versatility for flavor profiles, and they make you feel full and satisfied. Put the potatoes back on your plate and you can start with these delicious Lime Cilantro Mashed Potatoes from Canyon Ranch Spa.
- 3 medium Yukon gold or red bliss potatoes, scrubbed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, or ½ teaspoon minced chipotle pepper (how to store leftover chipotle peppers)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Place potatoes in 6 cups of boiling water. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Turn off the heat and drain water. Place saucepan back on burner for 30 seconds to dry potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher until all ingredients are mixed well. Potatoes will be slightly lumpy.