Potato soup is one of my favorites and a real comfort food, especially on cold days. If you prefer, substitute onions for the scallions. Its delicious either way. With hearty bread and a salad, youll have a meal in minutes.
Yield: 8 (6 ounce servings)
Calories: 160 (2.8% of calories in fat) ♥ Fat: .5 g ♥ WW Points: 3 pts
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup chopped scallions, both green and white parts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons diced lean ham
- 1 packed tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Garnish: Chopped green part of scallions
- Place potatoes, scallions, celery, chopped ham, parsley, salt and water in large saucepan. Bring to boil, cover and reduce to medium heat. Boil slowly for about 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft. Mash mixture with whisk to break apart some of the potatoes.
- Add milk and black pepper to soup, and heat just until boiling. Remove from heat, and ladle into bowls. Top each serving with chopped scallion tops.