TODAY I WILL | Pocket Cards
Making life changes is a matter of choice. Sure, you can live your life exactly how you always have, and you’ll always get what you’ve always got. If your results have been great, then bravo! I’d keep doing it too. But if you’re like most of us, we’re trying to change some habits that haven’t served us well and build some new ones that will serve us better.
With this in mind, I created a series of “pocket cards” to help me remember that focusing on a change I desire to make is solely my decision and it’s completely within my power to implement that decision. Each moment is a new moment. It doesn’t matter what the last moment brought (whether good or bad), because it’s in the past and no longer in my control. This moment is all I truly have.
I hope you enjoy these “pocket cards” and I hope they serve you well. If you like them, please be sure to leave a comment so you can encourage the next friend who’s facing a moment of decision to change or to live a status quo life. If you really like these cards, please Twitter this page (you can use the little bird at the bottom of this post)!
Cards Currently Available for Free Download
- “Today I will…” for the body (sample shown right)
- “Today I will…” for the soul
- “Today I will…” for the mind
- “Today I will…” for the fun of it
- “Today I will…” for play
- “Today I will…” winners choice (write in your own vision)
How I Use These Cards
- Print them out on card-stock and cut them into individual cards (you can laminate them if you’d like).
- Each day, I randomly choose a card from each category and I sincerely try to keep my focus on that activity throughout the entire day. I’m my only judge of my own success. If I feel I successfully carried out my new habit, then I choose a different card on the following day. If I didn’t live up to my own standards of success, then I’ll re-live the card the next day.
- Alternately, rather than random choice of your daily card, you can choose what you most want to focus on and keep that as your active card for as long as you want. I know people who have enlarged the cards and
put an important one on the refrigerator. These are your cards… do with them as you will.
Change happens one moment at a time. This isn’t a footrace to the finish line, this is YOUR life! Live it on your terms. Don’t expect perfection from yourself. Celebrate your successes. Forgive your challenges; they’re here to teach you something. And remember, there is no failure, unless you give up.
The game is progress, not perfection!