Paula Deen coming to brunch and you dont know what to serve? Okay, maybe not! But she could be and shed be thrilled with this cheesy hash brown casserole thats so packed with cheesy goodness, even Paula wouldnt miss the fat!
Seriously, this is reeeely good! Ive taken it to many a potluck and come home with an empty dish in fact, my friends request that I bring this cheesy hash brown casserole.
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (such as Campbells Healthy Request)
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream (such as Daisy)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed (the cornflakes are the secret key to this wonderful casserole)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon butter in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine soup and cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave at HIGH 6 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream.
- Pour cheese mixture over potato mixture, and stir well.
- Spread mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray
- Combine cornflakes and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle evenly over top of potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- YIELD: 12 servings (1/2 cup)CALORIES 181 (30% from fat) / FAT 6g / CARB 25.5 g /FIBER 1.5 g