This one’s for all the curry lovers and lovers of other yummy recipes that call for coconut milk. As you know, when you’re living “la vida low fat”, coconut milk is a no-no…
Coconut Oil, used in moderation is very good for you, but regular coconut milk is a fat filled “treat” your body is better off without.
Give this great substitution a try. It cooks up well right within your recipe and I think you’ll like it.
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine all ingredients with a whisk.
- Whisk once again before adding to your recipe to ensure all the cornstarch is incorporated from the bottom of the bowl.
Other healthy substitutions to make your low fat lifestyle easier.