I love all things spicy, but the nice thing about making your own salsa is you can decide just how spicy you like to make it! With this great salsa, a touch of smoky chipotle pepper adds complexity to classic Southwestern salsa. Quick, easy and delicious.
Enjoy the Canyon Ranch Spa experience at home!
- 1 15-ounce can whole tomatoes, drained (I recommend fire roasted, organic)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced (best to use fresh)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon minced canned chipotle pepper (how to save leftover chipotle peppers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- Pinch red chili flakes (the flavor will become more pronounced as the moisture brings them back to life)
- Place all ingredients in a blender container or bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Pour in a jar.
- Store covered in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Yield: 16 servings (each 2 tablespoons)
CALORIES 10 / FAT trace / CARBS 2 g / FIBER traceTags: Canyon Ranch Spa > chipotle > chipotle salsa recipe > healthy > low fat recipes > Recipes > salsa