Dr Oz’s salad dressing is so simple to make and so delicious, you’ll never buy bottled dressing again! I promise.
Okay, so here’s the deal — I have eaten more fat free salad dressings than I could possibly count — many of them quite terrible, but some really good (the ones you’ll find on A Healthy Kitchen).
Until quite recently, I have treated fat like my enemy, but this girl is trying to learn some new tricks for optimal health.
One thing I learned a long time ago is that bottled fat free salad dressings are filled with lots of yucko, unpronounceable stuff, including high fructose corn syrup. Apparently that’s what they use to stabilize the dressing and prolong the shelf life without adding fat. Yuck! So I started making my own and they’re actually quite tasty
Dr Oz Touts Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I’ve been watching Dr Oz, and I can tell you this — Dr Oz is a BIG TIME proponent of having some extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) in your diet daily. In fact, Dr Oz recommends 1 to 2 tablespoons of EVOO daily as being optimal for your heart and overall health.
Kind of a scary thought to this fat-phobic cook, but I’ve decided to give it a try and because EVOO is best for you when it’s not cooked, I decided to use it in my salad dressing. If I continue to lose weight while eating this way, Dr Oz’s recipe will stay here. If this recipe disappears, that means that as much as I love Dr Oz, I don’t find even healthy fats beneficial advice to my weight loss results. (Update — I love, love, love Dr Oz’s Creamy Balsamic Salad Dressing and I’m now a believer in the importance of healthy fats in your diet! Thanks Dr Oz — you’ve made my healthy diet more enjoyable!!!)
Anyway, here’s Dr. Oz’s Balsamic Salad Dressing Recipe.
INGREDIENTS FOR DR OZ’S CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I love garlic, but I must not love it as much as Dr Oz does because I found this wayyyy over-powering. I kept reducing the amount until I was just using 1/4 of a clove and it’s still very garlicky so I’ll probably leave it out next time. It’s kind of tasty with 1/4 cube, but I can’t really taste the balsamic with so much garlic.)
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
DR. OZ’S CREAMY BALSAMIC SALAD DRESSING DIRECTIONS
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic and soy sauce; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
MY DIRECTIONS FOR CREAMY DRESSING
- If you have a Magic Bullet (small blender), combine all ingredients and blend well. Since my Magic Bullet will grind peppercorns, I use 3 or 4 peppercorns in place of the ground pepper and blend it with the rest of the ingredients.
- If you blend it really well, it will not only be thick and creamy, it will hold it’s creaminess in the fridge (if you have leftovers or make a larger batch).
This only takes a couple of minutes to make and it’s restaurant quality delicious!
Peace, Love and Delicious Dr Oz Dressings
More Dr Oz Recipes
Incoming search terms:
- creamy balsamic dressing (441)
- dr oz salad dressing (289)
- creamy balsamic dressing recipe (205)
- dr oz salad dressing recipe (175)
- creamy balsamic salad dressing (129)
- how to make creamy balsamic dressing (97)
- dr oz salad dressing recipes (77)
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe (68)
- dr oz salad dressings (50)
- creamy balsamic salad dressing recipe (43)
- creamy balsamic vinegar dressing recipe (36)
- thick balsamic dressing (36)
- magic bullet salad dressing recipes (35)
- dr oz balsamic vinegar dressing (35)
- dr oz healthy salad dressing (34)
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing (34)
- thick balsamic dressing recipe (34)
- how to make creamy balsamic vinaigrette (32)
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing recipe (27)
- creamy balsamic vinegar dressing (24)
- dr oz creamy balsamic salad dressing (24)
- how to make thick balsamic dressing (24)
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette (22)
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing (22)
- creamy balsamic vinaigrette recipe (22)
- dr oz recipes salad dressing (22)
- homemade creamy balsamic dressing (21)
- healthy balsamic dressing recipe (20)
- how to make creamy balsamic vinaigrette dressing (20)
- dr oz recipe for salad dressing (19)